September 27th, 2017
Owning your own home can be one of the most exciting times of your life. But are you truly happy with your current situation? According to a recent survey by HomeAdvisor, there are a number of different factors that come into play that determine whether someone is happy with their current living situation or not.
Some of the key factors include:
Accessibility — Homeowners don’t want to spend hours having to get from one location to another. They want to be able to get to any important services, attractions and employment opportunities within the shortest amount of time possible. On average, Americans spend about 39 minutes commuting to work.
Community — People want a diverse place where they can live and work. They also want a neighborhood that is safe so they can raise their family and enjoy spending time outside. Roughly 70 percent of all Americans live in a community where they feel safe. That leaves 30 percent of all individuals living in a community where they don’t feel safe.
Dwelling — Homeowners want a place that is not only affordable, but also comfortable. You want something convenient where you can enjoy spending hours at a time relaxing and taking in your surroundings. About half of all homeowners have spent time renovating their homes to turn them into something they can enjoy for years to come.
With home prices climbing, you want to make sure you are doing everything you can to purchase one that you are going to be happy with. The last thing you want is to end up committing to a home and end up feeling miserable. Even though 62 percent of the population already own their own home, that doesn’t mean that they are happy. When you are happy with your purchase, you are going to take pride in your home and make sure it is taken care of at all times.
Is happiness that important?
Happiness matters more than most homeowners realize. It matters so much that the United Nations, Harvard and Gallup have devoted precious resources to better understand what makes homeowners happy. Homeowners should be the happiest where it matters the most, in the comfort of their own home.
Your home is where you form a lasting relationship with your loved ones, yourself and your interests. All of those relationships contribute to your own happiness and well-being. Creating a happy home will make you happy overall, thus contributing to a happier world for everyone.
Finding your happy place.
Finding the perfect location for your new home isn’t always as simple as you might think. To help you determine your happy spot, there are a few key questions you can ask yourself.
You’re investing a lot of time and effort in your new home, so you want to make sure it’s one that you will enjoy for years to come. Investigate your different options and find out which ones work the best for you and your specific needs.
Written by Andrea Davis